This was my second attempt at these pants. The first ones I made were nice and fitted until you got to the waist and then they were just too small. The side zipper couldn't even be zipped all the way up. Interestingly enough, this did not deter Monkey Pants from wearing them for two weeks straight anyway.
This time, to deal with her other-worldly proportions, I traced out a new pattern using size 116cm and grading the waist down to the 104cm size, I think, as well as making them an inch longer to about the 122cm size. I also bought the correct invisible zipper in a matching color! This is pretty serious for me. In addition to the first pants attempt turning out too tight around the waist, I also thought the rise was too short, so I decided to add a whopping 1 1/2 inch there. Ok, I may have over done it. As it turns out the pants did turn out a bit on the too big side. I was initially disappointed as I was sure I was going to get it right this time, but I comforted myself figuring she can at least grow into them. Hopefully they'll have a more fitted look next spring.
This fabric is pretty easy to work with, but it is a bit thin and wrinkly. The thinness isn't too big a deal since they are for summer weather but I can see her day-of-the-week underwear through them which is not too great. She has only worn them a handful of times, as she has SPD issues with the zipper. Not that it prevented her from going out of control with these photo shoot poses and twirling around into some uninteded break dancing moves (photos not included). That's OK as long as she's forgotten about this by next spring.