Thursday, June 26, 2008

Farewell cards

Nothing to do with sewing, bento, or cakes; but having to do with making things...


I've decided to make the leap to SAHM for my two little kiddies, a probably long overdue change. So, I made some farewell cards for my "monkey pants" to give to her daycare/preschool class and teachers.


When I make cards and other paper designs for print, I usually sketch it out on a piece of paper where I figure out the measurements that I want to end up with, print a test, tweak it and then do all the cutting.


OK, these rounded corners where pretty impossible before I discovered these punch cuts. I used to use my scallopped sizzors.


I made the first letter of each childs name big because they are learning to recognize letters and they know the letter their name starts with.

6 comments:

  1. Jenny Mauro HicksJune 27, 2008 at 12:25 AM

    Whoa Mama! Way to jump in the SAHM boat! It rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps..I've no doubt you'll find a way to bring in some dough from home. Look how talented you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am feeling you. I just recently went back to work last August after having my fourth. I stayed at home for 2.5 yrs. I have been struggling with the same desire. Good luck, I have no doubt your decision will be a blessing for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are super talented!

    I am interested in your professional-looking photographs. (How did you get such a great view of the inside of your Sophia bag?) Do you use special lighting? Any online resources for learning to get this kind of result?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good idea, with good bye cards when leaving kindergarden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea to design farewell cards...but it require more creativity.

    ReplyDelete