Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sophia Carry-All -- Lining

I'm getting close to my deadline for completing this project and haven't had a chance to work on it for several days. I did get the exterior completed. Attaching the bottom piece was definitely the hardest part specially because I decided to use the Timtex on the panels as well. It did help that I trimmed the seam allowance. I had to rip out and go over the stitching in a few spots several times to get it closer to the piping. Luckily, I was able to get through all of it using my Kenmore sewing machine because I can't find the zipper foot to my sister's Bernina that I borrowed. Oh oh. The only thing is that although my Kenmore was able to get through all the layers with some serious prying and pushing, the stitching doesn't seem very tight but I think it will have to do. Amazingly, I didn't break any needles but I have stuck myself with pins more than enough times.


I got a little bit done on the lining today. I decided to put three pockets on one side with elastic on the top for little 3-year old stuff like undies and socks. Hopefully it will work out as there is one issue with this made apparent by the photos --puckering of the whole panel. I think I may need to do some extra stitching to secure the lining to the sides of the bag. Hopefully this will stretch it out enough that it won't draw the whole bag inwards. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

1 comment:

  1. I've got the pattern, but I think it will be a while before I get up the courage to attempt it...

    ReplyDelete