Just got done with this one. Another Emmeline Apron for a Christmas gift. I wanted to try something different with my choice of fabrics this time, although not too different since they are still Amy Butler prints. I chose some darker blue fabrics from the Daisy Chain (Aquatic) line that I wouldn't normally be drawn too. But I'm glad I did. I really like the result.
This time, I did a few things a bit differently. One thing about the pattern I'm not fond of is the wordy, yet poor instructions on how to place the waist straps onto the sides of the apron at the right angle. I really don't know why the correct angle isn't just printed on the pattern. So to minimize the trial and error approach encouraged in the pattern instructions, [TIP:] I laid out the fabric and the strap as it would appear once constructed and simply marked a line on the strap corresponding to the angle of the apron. Then, I flipped both apron and strap layers over together; lined up the strap with the marking flush to the side of the apron and pinned; then basted in place.
I also didn't cut the halter straps on the diagonal. I don't find this necessary at all and it just takes up more fabric. Last, I was able to get away without hand-sewing the finishing touches. As long as the bodice top and the straps are well pressed, you should be able to pin them in place and just top stitch through everything and come out with a fairly decent top stitch on the other side too.
I added the oven mitts from the Amy Butler patchwork apron pattern and that's it.