Thursday, April 5, 2012

Take home library bags


This is a simple, envelope style bag I made for the school's take home library program.  They provided the pattern and original fabric.  I couldn't stomach the fabric though, so I got this cute, neutral pattern but colorful print from Ikea.  I'm so bummed, they won't be carrying fabric by the yard in the store anymore.  I would have gotten more, had I known this at the time.

There were many remarks that came to mind as I thought of how to explain to the school what happened to the fabric they gave me.
"I felt the faded brown-toned roses pattern would hinder the children's ability to read".
"I thought this program was supposed to encourage, not deter children from reading".
And, my favorite --

"The fabric was accidentally burned in a fire".

3 comments:

  1. I would definitely go with the third remark... :) Great bags. I'm pretty bummed as well to hear that Ikea won't be offering fabric by the yard anymore either. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought fabric from my ikea last week. I hope they keep doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. After that announcement, my Ikea just moved stuff around but they still have the fabric. So they must have changed their mind?

      Delete