I'm planning on making a few knitted gifts for Christmas again this year so I was forced to make a plan for a few projects so I could make a large enough order from KnitPicks to get free shipping. I picked my colors from the catalog this time and ignored the pictures on the website. Hopefully I'll have better luck.
In my search for fingerless gloves patterns, I found the cutest knitting website blog and shop, Cotton & Cloud. They have patterns, kits, notions and delicious photos that will make you want to knit everything there. She also has video tutorials and the PDF instructions are super detailed with amazing illustrations and photos.
[photos from Cotton & Cloud]
My project list may be a little too ambitious and I don't know how far I'll get but here's my plan even if I don't get all of these done by Christmas, I know I'll want to make them eventually.
- "Fetching" fingerless gloves from Knitty -free
- "Cigar" fingerless gloves from Knitty -free
- "Wisp" scarf/caplet/wrap from Knitty -free
I have never knit anything in lace so I have no idea if my skill level will be up to par for this
- "Reversible Fingerless Gloves" from Cotton & Cloud -$5
... and maybe later
- "Tailored Chic Buttoned Scarflette" from Cotton & Cloud -$2
- "Macaroon Knitted Purse Kit" from Cotton & Cloud -$25.76